The Cellife Oral Fluid Alcohol test Kit is a rapid, highly sensitive method to detect the presence of alcohol in saliva and provide an approximation of relative blood alcohol concentration.
The blood alcohol concentration at which a person becomes impaired is variable, dependent on the individual. Each individual has specific parameters that effect the level of impairment such as size, weight, eating habits and alcohol tolerance. Inappropriate consumption of alcohol can be a contributing factor to many accidents, injuries and medical conditions.
It is well established that the concentration of alcohol in saliva is comparable to that of blood. This oral test kit consists of a plastic device with a reaction pad at the middle. On contact with solutions of alcohol, the reaction pad will rapidly change colours depending on the concentration of alcohol present. The pad employs a highly specific enzyme reaction to obtain the result.
1. Remove the test Device from the sealed pouch and use it within one hour.
2. Avoid from placing anything in the mouth for fifteen 915) minutes prior to beginning of the test. This includes non-alcoholic drinks, tobacco products, coffee, breath mints and food, etc.
3. Open the foil package and remove the rest Device. Observe the reactive pad on the end of the test Device. If the reaction pad has a blue color before applying saliva sample, do not use.
4. Insert the absorbent wick to the mouth and put it under the tongue to collect saliva until the color pad completely soaked.
5. Read result at 3-5 minutes. Compare the color of the reaction pad with the color chart on foul pouch to determine the relative blood alcohol level.